Everyone who is using and who has used a smartphone that runs on Tizen operating system, knows the issues its WhatsApp has.
The WhatsApp application on Tizen is definitely different from the one on Android and has fewer features.
Most of the missing features that upset users are: the lack of emojis, the app closing itself (frequently), disappearing action bar after watching statuses and so on.
WhatsApp on Tizen issues in Detail and How to Fix Some.
- Missing emojis – The WhatsApp on Tizen doesn’t have emojis and you have to use the ones that come pre-installed on the keyboard. That’s not enough though, because keyboards only have few emojis (even on Android). Unfortunately, the Tizen store doesn’t have ’emoji keyboard’ apps.
- App closing itself – The WhatsApp application on Tizen is most likely to close itself if you have less phone storage. I think this happens because it doesn’t create a backup on your phone so it closes itself to prevent receiving messages.
- Disappearing action bar after watching statuses – The action bar has a tendency of disappearing after one has watched status updates. This can be fixed by deleting the app or by having someone send you a message and you replying to it.
- Create contact shortcut – This feature would have been helpful whenever the issue on three (3) occurred.
- No chats backup – The WhatsApp application doesn’t create a backup or save your chats. Unlike on Android smartphones whereby the app automatically creates a WhatsApp folder on the phone’s storage or SD card. Unfortunately, on Tizen the WhatsApp app doesn’t do that and you will lose all your chats when you delete it.
- Poor quality of GIFs – You can’t send or create GIFs. The worst part is how the GIFs appear when someone sends one to you. They are so blurry and of poor quality.
- You can’t use the old WhatsApp number (you used on an Android phone). Actually, you can but firstly you have to delete your WhatsApp account (on android). Only after deleting it, you can then use the number to create a new WhatsApp account on Tizen.
- You can’t check your contacts’ profile without opening the chats.
- You can’t add text, emojis, or draw lines (free hand drawing) on the images you post on status ‘my day’.
Talk to me about WhatsApp on Tizen
If you experience more problems (we haven’t mentioned) or you have something to add, please leave a comment below or contact us.
Lastly, if you find this post useful – do share it with your friends and family, cheers.